Make sure to remove the tick within eight hours to minimize the possibility of infection. Remove the entire tick and disinfect the site of the bite with alcohol. The tick can be easily and safely removed using the Care Plus® Tick Remover. Do not anesthetize the tick with alcohol or other antiseptics. Do not heat the tick with a cigarette or other hot objects. If the tick is stunned or heated (with a cigarette), it goes into shock and responds by releasing pathogens into the body through its saliva. Make sure to write down the date of the tick bite, the site of the bite on your body, and the area where you contracted the tick bite.